Wednesday, January 12, 2011

DATA NOTEBOOKS FOR FIRST GRADE!!!!

Finally!!!! I am posting data notebooks for first grade!!!!  I have a snow day today....HIP, HIP, HIP, HOORAY!!!  

Now, with that said, I experimented with Adobe Acrobat to create a PDF portfolio so that there were not a million files for you to download.  I am not sure if this will work, so you need to let me know.  Make sure you have Adobe Reader (which is free).  I apologize now, because there is no rhyme or reason on how I added them to the portfolio.  Next time I know.  :)


Click on Picture to Download.
As always, just let me know if you have any questions.  They are a work in progress.  I let the kids be "in charge" of the notebooks.  They have to fill out all the info.

I also include their daily behavior.  This sheet stays in their homework folder, and I have them put it under behavior at the end of the month.  We have a mini-conference to set a goal on how they can improve or celebrate great behavior and improvements.
I got this years ago, but don't have a clue where.  :)

We also include their weekly goal sheet and conference on Friday's if they met their goal, or need to keep it for another week.  Here is the link to the weekly goal sheet again.
Click on Picture to Download 
So there are the contents.  I just use 1.5 inch, 3 ring binders to hold all of the info. The kids keep them in a crate by their grouped seats.  I love not having the responsibility of not having to do it all on my own.  The kids love knowing exactly where they are and love that they get to keep a "Grade Book" like a teacher!!!




14 comments:

  1. I need help converting word documents to PDF. Also, need help posting on blog.
    New to Bloggin but Lovin it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Word will let you save as a PDF. Do you have that option? I know you can do it with Adobe Acrobat, but it is expensive. I got it all the Adobe products free on my Mac. You can also use PowerPoint to create documents and save them as pdf's. It is way easier than using word!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing! I love your stuff, and I make it a habit to check your site daily to see your latest posts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Samantha! I check a bunch daily too!!!! I am addicted!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great! I tried Acrobat for the first time and made a PDF portfolio. I didn't know if it would open. I am learning new stuff too!!! I am starting to feel SOOOOO SMART and Techie!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kristen,

    You might have to tell me how you made that PDF portfolio......I really want to know! I kept copying and pasting for my 100's day unit so it would all be in one document. That took FOREVER!

    -Rachelle
    www.whattheteacherwants.blogspot.com

    whattheteahcerwants@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! I've been waiting for this since you blogged that you would post it here....thanks for sharing, Kristen!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I too would love to know how you created the PDF with multiple documents. FANTASTIC!!

    www.saouds2ndgraders.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will have to do a little tutorial. I will do that if we have a snow day tomorrow too. I think I can do some screen shots and show you how. I LOVE projects!!!! I have so much to do. :) I LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love ALL Poco and Pops stuff too!! Her stuff totally rocks and is so age appropriate!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mrs. Walsky,
    The Behavior Chart with the bananas and monkeys was my original creation! I am SUPER glad that you loved it so much to put it on your blog! We changed it this year to match our ocean/beach theme we have (last year I had a jungle theme.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this idea! Monkeys are my theme and I am always looking to incorporate. Is there a template?

      Delete
  12. I can't believe I missed this post! I am trying data notebooks next school year so it is great to see what others do =) Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome! Do you have these in word so I can add/edit them? Thank you!

    -Stacie
    stacien411@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete