Tuesday, February 15, 2011

A pretty little organization tip with style

Some of you know that I decided to take an organizational class in January.  I am a bit on the random organization side.  I know where everything is, but I just have it in random stacks.  Mr. Walsky calls it absurd chaos, and I like to call it creative and unique.  

Well, the first day they gave us link to look at organization ideas, and I couldn't get past the first picture!  Sterilite containers!  After that, I was pretty much done.  I had learned all I wanted from the course.  This is why....  

Notice the pretty white bow bins and the ugly plain red bins!


Seriously!!!  I have used these containers for years and hated the holes.  Who would have ever thought to put a cute little bow through the holes? 

 I LOVE it!  So this is what I have been doing every day to my reading leveled books, and changing out my bins.  I am loving the ribbon and the polka dots.  I actually just bought some pink and black zebra striped ribbon for my room next year!

Why didn't I ever do this before.  The room is looking so cute with bows tied to everything.  The reading section just looks so much more stylish.

I guess I have to take the course over again....Maybe I will actually learn clutter control and not be overwhelmed with cute little decorative suggestions on how to make my clutter bins more attractive.  At least at home I am pretty, creative, and unique chaotic clutterfied!


Photobucket

13 comments:

  1. lol! sounds like something that would happen to me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do LOVE the ribbon however!! I think absurd chaos seems a bit harsh!! ReAlLy!? However, stick to what makes one happy!! LOVE the ribbons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo, I L-O-V-E those ribbons! I'll have to add those to my baskets ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  4. L.O.V.E it!!! I have the white baskets all over my room- I am adding ribbon tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally did this at the beginning of the year just to "cutesy" up my classroom. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a super cute idea! I am totally doing this in my room...I have tons of these ugly baskets!

    http://skellyskindergarten.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have these baskets too and now I need to go and get some ribbon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am actually switching classrooms this summer and when I was packing my current room up I realized I had about a dozen of these baskets. I will totally be going to buy ribbon. Before I had color coded labels on my basket to group my books. Now I get to use cute ribbon! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I totally agree to the climate... reading ur post makes me wish I was at home to bake... I'm at office finishing my work... hmm... the tarts look delicious create digital tickets

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so amazing idea. The kids will be very much inspired by this. Now it's time to avail water bottle for more information.

    ReplyDelete