Sunday, February 27, 2011

A Few of My Favorite Things!

I was just talking to one of my good friends from Florida, who reminded me that I love shopping and life.  :)  I decided to do a little post about my favorite things.  I am no Oprah, but I LOVE to shop and have pretty good taste.  So here goes....
First, I am sick of Vera Bradley.  Everyone and their mother has it now.  I loved it about 8 years ago, but when I am in Walmart and the toothless lady beside me has one, I just can't look at them the same (I know, sounds stuck up). 


 So I recently switched to this little Scout Uptown Girl bag for my teacher items.
I love it for $27!!!

I also just got this one from Lilly Pulitzer.

This one runs about $88, but will be instyle for a lifetime!  
Lilly never goes out of style.
This is the best darn planner in the world!  I buy it every year from Tiny Prints.  I love that it puts my name on it, comes with clips, a zipper pouch, stickers, and gift tags inside.  This planner is by far the best out there for moms, teachers, and everyone else in between.  If I could kiss the person who made it, I would!

I am addicted to address labels, but these are my favorite!  I get them over at the Preppy Princess.  You get 30 for $4.

Holls Chocolates are the best chocolates in the entire universe!  Since moving to West Virginia, I was introduced to these unbelievably good treats!  I would rather have these any day over Godiva or any other brand.  I highly recommend them and they ship all over the world.  No preservatives either!


My camera strap by Cotton Candy.  I love this thing!  I love the print, I love to wear it on my neck, and it is a great price.  Very high quality!


My new favorite artist is Jill's Dreams.  I have bought several of her paintings for my "office".  They all are bright, cheerful, and pretty to look at.  I have gotten so many compliments from friends at my house on these cute paintings.



I am a makeup junkie!  I worked behind a Clinique counter to put myself through college.  I am an addict!  One day I will take a picture of my bathroom and you will just die!  I can't get enough of Hourglass Carbon mascara!  It is the best for my lashes!  It doesn't cake, it defines each little lash, and doesn't come off during the day.

For all of us teachers who get up at the crack of dawn and have NO eyeshadow on at the end of the day, then Urban Decay Shadow Potion is for you!  I have had my shadow stay on from 5:00 am to 9:45 pm on conference night with this bad boy!  No creases, no smudges, just beautiful eye shadow!


Finally, I love Stila Long Wear Lip Color.  I love that it stays on at least until lunch at 12:00pm with my kiddo's (after many cups of coffee and Diet Dr. Pepper).  I love that it doesn't cake in the corners or peel like many long last lipsticks.  This stuff is moisturizing and has a little hint of  mint to it!

  • I am still on the search for the perfect pen to write with.  I like the Sharpie pen, and Flair's are OK, but I am on the quest to find the perfect pen!!!!


I know this post is pretty random, but that is the type of person I am.  I keep you busy and thinking!  

Now go and join over at Fun in First Grade and share your Favorite Things!

Photobucket

35 comments:

  1. Love this post- lots of great stuff! One of these days I am going to buy one of those planners- they are actually on sale I think right now on her site because we are part-way into 2011 now :)

    On another note, I still love Vera Bradley haha, but I like the purses you posted too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post! Great minds think alike because during my 6 mile run today, I was creating a "favorite things" post in my head. Maybe I'll get around to doing it later this week! LOVE the Scout Uptown Girl bag.

    Jodi
    www.fun-in-first.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. We should do a favorite thing linky party. Okay who wants to start it?
    Michelle
    http://fabulousinfirst.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice things! Love Urban Decay! I'm with Michelle on the linky party...that would be tons of fun!

    -Gladys
    Once Upon a Time in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing. The Scout bag is so cute!
    I love Urban Decay even though my sister-in-law works for Estee Lauder in the city. I will ask her to get me that Clinique mascara. I love Prescriptives Lash Envy but that line is no longer in stores :(

    www.ericabohrer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You made me laugh out loud with the toothless lady at walmart. We have very similiar tastes, thanks for sharing!

    http://footballnut-mikey.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Uni-ball Vision Elite is THE perfect pen! You have to get bold though, the micro is too scratchy and thin.

    ReplyDelete
  8. PS - I think the link party is a great idea too!

    Morgan
    Fantasticfirst.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok. If I can figure out how to do a linky party, I'll start. I'm off to research how to do it and then I'm all over this :)

    Jodi
    www.fun-in-first.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I also worked at Clinique in college! And...I am OBSESSED with Lilly Pulitzer! Great bag!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am a makeup freak! I can't watch smashbox on QVC anymore, and forget about Laura Geller! My closet is busting with makeup for the next century! I am giving away pink pens on my blog: pinksmyink.blogspot.com, enter and you might find your favorite pen (one is a sharpie, though). I think teachers like to hoard everything in sight, just in case it doesn't exist a week from now, LOL.

    Janine

    ReplyDelete
  12. I started a Linky Party for your favorite things on my blog if you want to join in.

    Jodi
    www.fun-in-first.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Here are mine :)

    http://kinderpond.blogspot.com/2010/11/teacher-must-haves.html

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great post! I awarded you with the 7 facts blog award! Check out my post! http://teachrunlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh I Love agendas too. :) It's funny how reading others favorite things makes me realize how much I forgot to put in my post. Ha.

    Ms. M
    www.msk1ell.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks Carrie!Hologram projection That would be my typing skills working faster than my brain.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh I Love agendas too. :) It's funny how reading others favorite things makes me realize how much I forgot to put in my post. Autos Nuevos

    ReplyDelete
  18. Friend Bomb Formula: Chris Andersen Reveals His Sneaky-Genius Step-By-Step System For Exiting The Friend Zone And Creating Instant Sexual Attraction With Hot Women You Already Know. fashion blog

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is really a amazing post.What Is Apple Pay? I couldn't have asked for a much better post than this. I am literally very pleased with this and I just hope that I will keep on getting such amazing posts!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your advent of better technology in non commercial and professional construction has brought on modern and modern possibilities throughout aesthetics along with functionality involving properties. One of them is railing systems which have been predominantly affecting apartment complexes and also in professional and general public buildings. cat ba resort

    ReplyDelete
  21. It is a very profitable post for me. I've enjoyed reading the post. It is very informative and useful post. I would like to visit the post once more its valuable content.water damage dallas

    ReplyDelete
  22. thanks for posting, blogger is a great easy to use tool to be sure.
    Accredited GED Online

    ReplyDelete
  23. A very popular Creole pastime was the flying of kites. Easter Monday, a public holiday, was the great kite-flying day on the sea wall in Georgetown and on open lands in villages. Young and old alike, male and female, appeared to be seized by kite-flying mania. botswana safari holidays

    ReplyDelete
  24. Glad to visiting your website. I would like to thank you for making such a nice website. LavishCoupons

    ReplyDelete
  25. Really informative and wonderful anatomical structure of subject material, now that's user pleasant. Mold Remediation

    ReplyDelete
  26. I am really enjoying reading your well written articles. It looks like you spend a lot of effort and time on your blog. I have bookmarked it and I am looking forward to reading new articles. Keep up the good work.usedom ferienwohnung

    ReplyDelete
  27. This website has very good content. Thank you for the great article I did enjoyed reading it, I will be sure to bookmark your blog and definitely will come back from again.Bali surf holiday

    ReplyDelete
  28. After the history preparation, you can take one more photocopy so that it can be given to organizations. Thanks for sharing your info. I really appreciate your efforts and I will be waiting for your further write
    Packers and Movers Navi Mumbai
    Packers and Movers Thane
    Packers and Movers Ghaziabad
    Packers and Movers Faridabad

    ReplyDelete
  29. Your family affiliates associates or others who stay close by or friends will stay with you during come back and you must be alert that they can’t stay coming back with you during whole transportation. Packers and Movers in Bangalore
    Packers and Movers in Pune
    Packers and Movers in Hyderabad
    Packers and Movers in Mumbai

    ReplyDelete
  30. Only if you supervise whole transportation, you can avoid from unwanted stress. To obtain hurdle-free move, we should mark loaded items in a history. Only those who are not loaded will be having no sign marks beside it. Packers and Movers in Chennai
    Packers and Movers in Delhi
    Packers and Movers in Gurgaon
    Packers and Movers in Noida

    ReplyDelete
  31. However, is still among the leading topics of our time. I appreciate your post and look forward to more. 80s Costumes

    ReplyDelete
  32. Forte School of Music is providing Music Lessons howick Auckland , New Zealand. Forte School is best in Music , Singing , Guitar and Piano Classes. Contact us now 09 534 2223

    ReplyDelete
  33. Recommended for all game lovers, the GameMS currency trading website.

    This is a website that has been in operation for more than 6 years. It is worth your trust. About 20,000 customers have purchased the game currency from our website. Can be purchased from our store. Buy MUT 20 Coins now and enjoy huge surprise discounts.

    ReplyDelete
  34. How could there be such a great article! I not only love it, but also Path of Exile. If you want to play the latter with me, come here first.

    Attached link: https://www.poecurrency.com/

    ReplyDelete
  35. When it comes to our favorite things, we all have unique preferences and cherished items that bring us joy and comfort. From the simple pleasures of a warm cup of coffee in the morning to the exhilaration of exploring new destinations, our favorite things add color and happiness to our lives.
    One of my favorite things is indulging in a good book. There's something magical about getting lost in a captivating story or immersing myself in the wisdom and knowledge found within its pages. Whether it's fiction or non-fiction, books have the power to transport me to different worlds and expand my horizons.
    Regards: Take My Online Exam - Online Exam Takers In The USA

    ReplyDelete