Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Graphics and Fonts

Many of you guys email me with questions on the graphics that I use.  I use a few different ones, and have asked my best friend who is an intellectual property lawyer the ones that are OK for teachers to use.  

Here are my favorites!
If you don't mind, buy from these links.  I am an affiliate, and it helps me to buy graphics to make for the site.  Don't feel like you have to, but it would be nice.


Scrappin Doodles is great because you are buying the ability to use it for stuff to sell and share.  It is included in the price!  If you sign up for emails, you get tons of coupons and freebies! Most of the graphic bundles are $1.00!!!!  
Click on picture to go to store!



Love This site too!  Many include resale into the price and Educators can use it for free for products.  It is a little more expensive, but I can promise no one has the graphics!
Click on picture to go to store!


Also a great site for graphics!  Make sure you buy the ones that are resale ready and you don't have to buy the license to use on downloadable or creative goods.
Click on Picture to go to store!



Many educators don''t know until it is too late, but most of the clipart and graphics out there will get you into trouble.  One of our favorite education clipart companies with initials will send you an ugly letter in the mail to stop using their art on your site and things you share with other teachers, or they will sue.  Seriously!  If anything we are promoting their products!!!!  Be careful on Font sites too!  We all use a favorite one, and if you are reported, they will cancel your membership ASAP!  It says that you can use it to resell on arts and crafts, but not downloadable goods, so BE CAREFUL!  I have seen too many horror stories, and this comes from my best friend who is an intellectual property lawyer!  

Read all the fine print teachers!  I don't want anyone sued for our intellectual property because we used the wrong graphics or fonts.  YIKES!

12 comments:

  1. Thanks! I was one of those emails! I love the websites you gave me!

    I just found out this morning that you can use DJ Inkers on an educational blog if you give them credit on your side bar and link their website! As long as it comes on a worksheet and you can't download the clipart/font individually!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was one about 8 years ago. I got a letter from a lawyer. I freaked out, so I started drawing my own clipart and and fonts. It was too time consuming. Thank goodness for sites that love us teachers!

    Kristen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nevertheless the business regarding art has to be infallible. Where you get the piece of art is in the same way important as everything you buy. A professional source that may stand powering what they will sell can be an imperative. businessinarts

      Delete
  3. Hi Kristen,
    Thanks so much for your email the other day :-) Soon after I got your email, I got one from DJ Inkers tleling me that they had a meeting (that morning) and decided that we can use thier clip art (as mentioned above).....I have the email if you'd like me to forward it to you for your records. When I checked Digi web studio, I found in their Terms Of Use that you have to sell anything you make with their clip art (am I reading that wrong?).......I'd love to use their clip art if I can....another good one is digi scrap kits - I emailed trina directly and you are allowed to "share" your new creation with others (using any clip art on her site).
    Thanks for all your hard work!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great news! Digi Web said you can share and are allowed to sell also, as long as you are making something NEW with the clipart. That means you aren't giving away the clipart as your own. If you use PDF's you are fine. If you are giving them away as something they can cut and paste then it is wrong. Make sense? If you are creating a story or worksheet, then you are making something new. I pretty much stick with scrappin doodles. I love them and she is FAB! I will check out digi scrap kits. I am so glad DJ Inkers decided to let us share now! I often bought their fonts and clipart after seeing other teacher's stuff. YAY! We are making a difference! Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HELLO GALS

    Thanks for featuring MYGRAFICO
    We do allow teachers and educators use our graphics. There are some limitations so please read our Usage and Terms here.
    http://www.mygrafico.com/license-copyright-information/info_59.html.

    Wish you a happy new year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love MYGRAFICO! You guys are awesome an hopefully I am giving you all some new customers! I just love your stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for this timely post. I just started to add downloads and had NO idea about this. Do you know anything about using items from Lettering Delights?

    www.learningwithmrsparker.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. So....I also read Scrappin Doodles terms of use and they say you cannot share. Kristen, did they give us bloggers special permission?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, you can't share their fonts, meaning buy them and give them to someone else, but you you can make stuff and use it in a way that others cannot copy and paste the clipart. This means make everything in PDF. You can also make crafts, stationary, cards, scrapbooks, ect...

    ReplyDelete
  10. In case you check out on your own by way of a person else’s sight, often a great deal for you to longines replica sale along with minor for you to loathe. You can even be capable of greater figure out bad conducts that could be improved, if you wish to adjust. Substantial self-esteem have been named your "immune system" in the heart, a thing which can help somebody to handle life’s troubles along with sidestep troubles. Precisely what generates self-esteem initially? Self-esteem is incredibly challenging for you to false. Folks who try out way too hard to get hublot replica normally supply them selves out. Self-esteem is surely an interior tranquility that will exudes on the floor of an gentleman as well as woman’s skin color. Self-esteem grows with the man patient, begining with a new child’s developing course of action up. A child discovers to get satisfied along with breitling replica sale using her or his expertise as a consequence of beneficial encouragement figured out ahead of time. Outside of this specific point, self-esteem can be greater greater good results a teenager (and at last along with person) looks forward to throughout lifestyle. Good results effortlessly creates men and women experience very good regarding the entire world along with with regards to their unique potential for you to help with the idea. Greater issues that they defeat that they additional focused that they experience. You may rolex replica sale that will good results is a lot like proper vitamin and mineral, in contrast to your obsessive substance involving malfunction. One's body has got to contend in some manner which consists of atmosphere. Greater that you just nurture the idea using beneficial sensations fake breitling when compared with present the idea for you to continual strain!

    ReplyDelete