Monday, January 23, 2012

A little Kindergarten Math

I LOVE Kindergarten, but hate Everyday Math!!!  I know I shouldn't say such things, but Geesh, it is Blahhhh!

I constantly have to remediate and back track with my Kinder Kiddo's to get any type of long term recognition of ANYTHING MATHEMATICAL!  Hum??? I wonder if the county sees a correlation between the use of EM and the substantial drop in math scores.

Anyway, enough of that....  I love math work stations and boy have I created a lot this year and sadly haven't been sharing (insert sad face and sighs).  Well, I am now!  Here is a little activity that I pretty much use every week with my students.  My poor laminated dice are used and abused, but I love them!

Here are just a few ways you can use this file.

Just click on the picture!


I also have a little autistic fellow (yes, he is in regular ed, and it is like pulling teeth to get him any sort of help) that likes to use these to count out playdough balls.  He will roll a ball and put it on the circle of the die.  He will do this with pretty much any manipulative we have, including teddy bear counters.  Love it when he uses them. He says "Ta Da" like they are on stage.  :)

Hope someone out there can use them.  Stay tuned for more free stuff soon!



Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Hey!!!! I've missed you!!!! {not in the creepy, stalker kind of way}

    Glad to see you're back!
    -Rachelle
    whattheteacherwants.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! I think I will use them to go with Domino Addition. This will make a great center!
    www.learningwithmrsparker.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Genghis Bbq grill has partnered with Health care City Infirmary, a nationally accredited hospital operating out of Dallas, Colorado, to take Genghis Bbq grill fans quarterly cardiovascular healthy dishes options. healthy nc hospitals

      Delete
  3. Thanks Kristin,
    We are using EDM this year and I feel the same way. We did not vote for this series, but the powers that be picked it anyway. We have not been happy...I find myself trying to squeeze in extra math during other times to make up for what's missing. I will be using this as soon as I can print and laminate. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing blog about the kindergarten and really in this age children need the proper time of parents and teacher. crumb rubber manufacturers

    ReplyDelete