Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Classroom Tour,32 KIDS, and Blogger Friends STUFF!

OK, all of you who are bummed about only having a few weeks left for summer can now have a little sympathy!  I went back to school on July 5th!!!!!  I love year round school, but man ol man, I had a quick 3 week break!

Well, I now have 32 Kinder-Kiddo's!  I have 0 chairs and no tables left.  I am thinking of just getting rid of all my furniture to make room for all the bodies.  :)  There is no room at my school to make another Kindergarten, so I am making the best of the situation.

Here is a quick tour of the new room.  I was nice and organized, but with all my bodies, I kind of just throw stuff out of the way.  :)

I also feel like my room was decorated by all my blogging friends!


Our door into our classroom



Our cubbies:  I used my Silhouette  (teacher friends, do not by a Circuit machine!  Silhoutte does not use cartridges and you can use ANY text or picture made!!!!!  So much better!!!!) machine to cut out chalk board vinyl to put on their boxes and used a chalk marker to write their names.  Very easy to change names if a student leaves and a new one enters.

You can barely see the Pete the Cat Headbands in the cubbies from Fran at Kindergarten Crayons.  Love that book and LOVE her packet.  I have used pretty much every activity and they are so easy to use and K friendly.


More cubbies!  Excuse the books stacked.  I did use some for storage, but as the kids enrolled, I had to make way for more students!
I love my birthday banner from Poco and Pop!


I also love my Colors and Shapes by Poco and Pop.

My crayon artwork is by Honey Bunny Studio.  I bought frames at Michael's for $6.00 and used Command Picture Mounting to keep them in place.


Rainbow Names courtesy of Deana Jump!


My cute little chair I got for free and decided to Walsky it up for my reading chair!


I seriously love me some Polka Dots!  Mirror from Happy Everything and Love What You do Sign from Porter's Polka Dots.


More cute numbers from Poco and Pop!  I also have a sign by Hadar at Miss Kindergarten.  I also have a summer countdown picture.


More Poco and Pop letters and my posters from Honey Bunny.

My favorite thing, and I can't believe I didn't take a picture is my EMTanner Designs picture!  I found the company from Sydney over at Lesson's Learned, and pretty much bought one of everything.  I love this picture.  I have one that has me with a blonde bob, green eyes, freckles, and says Mrs. Walsky.  Of course, I hung it with pink and green polka dot ribbon.
Love it, and the kids adore it too!

I hope all of you are enjoying your last few weeks.  I have a bunch to share, but I had an Macbook emergency, which is where all my stuff was located.  I spilled coffee on my mouse pad on the laptop and now it won't work.  I am trying to dry it out with rice upside down.  I also ordered a magic mouse in hopes that I can use that when it is dry.  So until then, I am creating on the iMac.  If only I could find my stupid Adobe Illustrator CD to load on this thing!  Have a great week.  I know I will be passed out every night.  We teachers must have kidney issues as we grow older.  I don't think I have used the bathroom during the day in two weeks!  AHHH!


Photobucket

31 comments:

  1. I SEE MY SIGNS, I SEE MY SIGNS!!! Love it!! Thanks for sharing your adorable room :) I'm glad to be a part of it!

    Love,
    Hadar
    Miss Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I had to put a link to you! Love my signs! The kids keep asking why I am counting down summer when it is still summer. I told them they would get it in a few years!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 32 kids! AH!!!!! Love your room! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHA! You made me laugh out loud. That's so cute! P.S. if I end up teaching 1st grade next year, we need to switch blog names! kapeesh?!

    Hadar
    Miss Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy COW!! 32???? You can do it!!! Sign looks great!!!!! :) Love your room!! Have a great year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh, year round school, I don't know if I could do it. Although people say it really isn't that bad. I love the reading chair you have - super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm at a year-round school, too, so I know what you mean about the breaks going so fast! But. .. I haven't finished out the year from last year yet! My kids aren't done till Tuesday!!! Then I have August off and then start with a new group in September.

    I will have 30 kids next year--up from 20 this year. Yowsers! How are you doing it??? I'm extremely nervous about having so many 5 yr olds and NO AIDE and NO Parent volunteers (we just don't get parent help much where I teach, I guess because of lack of english, low poverty level, etc) so I'm at a loss of how to do this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everything looks fabulous and now I have to go check out all of the links you posted!!! I had 31 in first grade last year -- I have NO IDEA how you are doing it in kindergarten!!!! WOWIE! Are you all day kinder?????
    Love everything!!
    Kristin
    A Teeny Tiny Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  9. OOOPS! My bad - you're in first!!! Okay, I totally feel your pain!!!!!!! Hang in there!!!!!!! :)
    Kristin
    A Teeny Tiny Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha Ha! Okay, just re-read your post. Looks like you teach kinder. Then re-read your blog name. Looks like you teach first. It doesn't matter what grade you teach - 32 is too many!!! :)
    Forgive me!! I'm a new follower! :)
    Kristin
    A Teeny Tiny Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  11. What did you use to make your chair so CUTE? Love your room and all of your ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Can't believe you're back already, I didn't realize WV had yr round school, only thought California and Florida did....I'm starting to get nervous b/c I have 35 but they're split, am and pm.....nervous of paperwork and getting stuff mixed up....32 all at once??? I will not complain once in my posts, promise, lol, here's to a great new year!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ms. Searles, I just used acrylic paint and painted it. :)

    32 all at once in all day K is one step from chaos! We are getting the hang of it, but most of the time is classroom management. Hopefully in the next few week they will get the routine and I can actually teach a little more.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my gosh, I never though about doing a me2atee one of ME. I would love to see yours! Isn't her stuff awesome!!
    Lessons Learned

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks! I have a stool that I want to spice up! It's ugly forest green right now. I'll link you once I get it done! It won't compare to your chair, but I'm excited! =)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the pictures of your room-your library looks especially great with all those books baskets! I love organized libraries.

    I'm trying to figure out how to become a "follower". Please check out my blog....it is quite new....I'm still learning.

    inyourclassroom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Please email me how you stenciled the zebra chair! I LOVE that! I have a chair thta i am trying to gte to look like thta nd am not sure where to start. Thanks
    mandybcollins.blogspot.com
    mandybcollins80@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Mandy: I just hand painted it from my head. I didn't use any type of stencil. I just went nuts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great to hear from you, Kristen! I didn't know you were teaching K this year! SO sorry to hear about your computer! The rice trick worked when my son dropped his itouch in the toilet so I'm crossing my fingers it works for you, too!
    Jenn
    Finally in First

    ReplyDelete
  20. You have some of the cutest stuff in your room! I absolutely love that chair. Wish I was that talented!

    http://firstgradewizards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am so glad you like your Stella and Dot. Isn't the packaging just as exciting as the jewelry?! I will let you know. :)

    Lessons Learned

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your room is beautiful! And boy, do you have a full class!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love your room and all the polka dots!! I love that theme and want to use it when I have my own classroom!! Great job!!

    Miss J

    smilescrayonsandendlessstories

    ReplyDelete
  24. YOur room is adorable. Love your door decor to welcome the kiddos ;)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Holy bud. My spouse and i imagined your objective your rolex replica uk ended up being to hold each of our different goodies available and stop abnormal scuffing versus no matter what outer-layer many of us been donning. We've perhaps witnessed content conveying what forms of under garment your stars are generally donning. Precisely why would likely many of us proper care? I am just simply not being familiar with any one tag heuer replica sale. I reckon that My spouse and i certainly not will certainly understand any one this manner? however you like? goods. Generally us if we've been clean up along with cozy “ which include hot, neat as well as dry out according to the temperature “ we've been all set. I are unable to identify that everything else things longines replica sale. Naturally, I am just only a well used land son. Precisely what must i recognize? Planting season can be inevitable, and a lot of girls are going to be arranging his or her wardrobes to the hublot replica uk a few months. Therefore transforming your body and mind faraway from ungainly knits to strappy shoe, brighter surfaces along with floaty clothes. Modern day, you can find time for glam. It can be very good to find out that will, since many people are going to be whublot replica uk each of our wasting, pertaining to up coming planting season, the style entire world has built an array of additional transitional, a lesser amount of season-dependent series.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Terima kasih banyak untuk berbagi ini dengan semua orang yang Anda benar-benar mengenali apa yang Anda bicarakan! Ditandai. Silakan juga berkonsultasi dengan situs saya =). Kami akan memiliki kontrak perubahan hyperlink di antara kami!


    https://www.totosafeguide.com

    ReplyDelete